- This event has passed.
18th Annual Fresh Art Tour
The 18th annual Fresh Art Tour, autumn edition, will be held this October 6-7-8.
The tour in Pepin, Pierce and Buffalo Counties of Western Wisconsin is flanked by the Mississippi River at Lake Pepin (the widest part of the river) and the Chippewa River. In the fork of these two great rivers one will find artists studios and galleries, seventeen sites featuring dozens of artists with a range of work from pottery to textiles, painting, photography, metal, jewelry and more.
This event, always held on the first three day weekend of October, is primed for the peak color weekend on the hardwood covered hills of this bluff and river laden area. Artist’ demonstrations include:
- Jean Accola, painting and art bookmaking*
- Linda Day, tile-making*
- Elaine Seifert, watercolor
- Leah Werner, wheel throwing & altered forms in clay
- Art Gannett, potter’s wheel*
- Tom Latane, blacksmithing
- Cultural Cloth, educational slideshow
- Andrea Myklebust, fiber preparation, spinning & weaving
- David Meixner, pottery making
- Gail Pommerening, pastel painting
- Deneens, Salt firing of clay
- Kaye Luetke, garden loom*, slab rolling and extruding clay, glazing, raku firing*,mosaic*
- Sue Filbin, nature printing*
- Jeffrey Ward, hand carving Scandinavian inspired spoons
- Matt Anderson, plein aire oil painting
- Cindy King, handmade jewelry chain construction
- Richard Spiller, clay extruding
- Soren Svedvik, photography demonstration
- Ann Mooney, hand rolled copper designs for jewelry*