Thank you for your interest in ARTS IN HAND GALLERY. This information is for skilled artists/artisans who are interested in becoming active members of our Gallery.
ARTS IN HAND GALLERY (AIHG) is part of Wisconsin Northwest Heritage Passage (WNHP) a non-profit 501(c)3 organization created to celebrate and showcase northwest Wisconsin’s artisan products, educate about the contribution of the creative community to the local quality of life and promote and foster growth in the local creative industry. ARTS IN HAND GALLERY is located on the main street of charming and vibrant downtown Spooner, Wisconsin. We are a completely volunteer-run Gallery, working together to showcase and sell art. We hope you would be willing to volunteer in some capacity if your art is in the Gallery. If you are unable to work in the Gallery, there are many other skills needed to keep the Gallery beautiful and successful. Active participation by our members is essential to the daily operations and sustainability of our Gallery. https://artsinhand.com
Artists are juried into the Gallery through the Gallery Management Committee which meets monthly throughout the year. Please do not simply show up in the Gallery with art hoping to be considered. Artists are selected based on the quality of their artwork, sales price, consistency in the body of work and quality of presentation (framing, etc) and, what is needed in the Gallery at the time of submission. Artists whose work shows a strong mastery of technique, broad customer appeal, is very different from existing work in the Gallery, is at an appropriate price point, and who are willing to contribute volunteer time will have the best chance of being selected. Our Gallery is limited, and just does not have enough space to accommodate everyone.
STEPS FOR HAVING YOUR ART JURIED INTO ARTS IN HAND GALLERY
- Potential new Gallery Artists must submit a completed application, provide an artist vitae, an artist’s statement, and provide your Facebook page or website if you have one.
- Provide high resolution, clear images of at least five pieces of your most recent work along with pricing. If you work in several mediums, submit only one at this time. Others can be juried in later.
- Review Artist-Consignment-Agreement to understand terms and conditions.
- This information may be sent through e-mail with “Artist submission” in the subject line to email@example.com or via US mail to: Arts In Hand Gallery, PO Box 454, Spooner, WI 54801 with “Attention Gallery Management Committee, Artist submission” on the outside of the envelope.
Once your email or mailed submission is received, it will be reviewed and discussed by the Gallery Management Committee. You will either receive a reply asking you to make an appointment to bring in your art for final review, a “welcome to AIHG” with next steps, or a “Not at this time”. If you received not at this time, it is most likely because of a fit or need with our Gallery due to limited space.
Upon acceptance, if you are not already a member of our parent organization (WNHP), you will be required to pay for your membership before displaying and selling your art in the Gallery and yearly membership must be paid in order to remain in the Gallery. You will make an appointment with a Gallery Management Committee member and bring in your art for sale and discuss ways to help you be a successful Gallery Artist.
The Gallery Management Committee
Please include with your application
- AIH Artist Statement - click 2024-Statement-Artist-AIH to download document.
- Artist Application - click 2024-Application-Artist-AIH to download document.
- High Resolution, clear images of at least five pieces of your most recent work along with pricing.
- Review Artist Consignment Agreement to understand terms and conditions - click 2024-Consignment-Artist-AIH to download document.
Consignment Agreement is FYI at this time and will need to be signed upon your accepted application to Arts in Hand